I’m properly proud of this, as it’s my first ever completed baby clothing item and I think it came out okay too. Ben’s is still waiting to be made up but I wanted to get Nina’s in the post so I finished hers off first.
That’s Ben’s on the right. I think I liked the yarn more in the ball than I do knitted, but it’s fairly sweet so he’ll get to wear it for a while. Then he’ll get the one I hope to make for Kit handed down too 🙂 I’m rather gutted he’s now grown out of the lovely hand knits he was given as newborn gifts.
Nina’s is a pink crafters Sirdar baby yarn in double knit. The pattern is 1255. It’s an easy knit pattern, though I needed a few pointers and did not enjoy picking up the border. The buttonholes seemed a bit random too really. Still, it was easy and quick to knit and hopefully it will fit. I’m still slightly dubious about the way the front lay when made up but I hope it will be okay.
I’m most proud of the inside actually. I finished it all off fairly properly. I think it’ll hold okay and at least it looks neat, which is not my forte!
I need to practise the button panel as I really lost my grip of what I was doing. They aren’t quite even, which is annoying, but it’s a quirky auntie knit 🙂 😉
Here it is modelled by Amelie’s lovely Rubens Barn doll. I’m mildly dubious about the side to her left but we’ll see when Nina tries it on :/
Anyway. I made it and it was just about good enough to send I think, so I’m feeling proud.
The yarns cute anyway. When I knitted Ben’s I got all anxious about the fact that the pattern is knitted with sleeves and front panels deliberately not matching. I must have still been in control freak mode then as I couldn’t do it. Then I intended to knit Nina’s mismatched but accidentally managed to make them match perfectly just by coincidence. So I had to match the sleeves too. Next time I’ll try quirky 😉
Edited to add: Nina likes it!