I knitted this for a friend. Now it’s arrived, I can blog it 🙂 I was fairly pleased with it, as I made the pattern up myself. I’ll have to have a go at remembering it. The only less good thing was perhaps that I only had Rowan Handknit Cotton in the right colours, so it wasn’t quite a snuggly as I’d have liked.
I cast on 48 stitches on 4mm needles. (Nearly typed kneedles then!) and knitted upwards, freestyling the hearts as I went (I kept losing count so they were all different!). Once it measured to the shoulder of the bottle, I reduced 1 stitch at each end on both knit and purl rows and then 2 each end for the last two rows, so 32 stitches were left on the needle. Then I did a knit 2 purl 2 rib until it reached the top of the bottle. Then sewed it together. The rib is stretchy enough for the bottle to go in and out.
For a ‘start knitting and see what happens’ pattern, it went okay 🙂